WeInstall.IT is looking for an AV Field Engineer to perform Audio, Video & IT installations for corporate, education, government, and healthcare projects in Los Angeles, CA.
If you are hard-working, enthusiastic, willing to grow professionally, and most definitely eager to join a welcoming team and a great environment company, keep on reading!
JOB POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Field Engineering job position consists in performing onsite and offsite assessments of a given project, performing troubleshooting work as needed, resolving situations, and reporting. See the Tool list below.
The Engineer’s duties and key responsibilities will consist of:
- Pulling cables through conduits or ceiling trays, doing cable management, building racks, decommissioning equipment, installing equipment;
- Mounting TVs, Screens, Projectors, Projector Screens, Speakers, Cameras, Microphones, Lights;
- Taking measurements, going through design drawings, able to redline;
- Uploading and tweaking code for DSP and Control Systems.
- Acoustics knowledge to calibrate sound systems
- Networking knowledge to enable/disable ports, cascade switches, configure switches and routers.
- Reporting to Operations Manager.
- Understanding of the Project Goals.
- Understanding and Enforcement of Onsite Safety
- Communication with onsite POCs from other trades.
- Sense of Urgency
- Follow Lead instructions
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
The perfect candidate will meet all/some of the following requirements:
- Electronic Technician school attended;
- Industry Certifications (preferable, please specify);
- Experience in AV/IT installation and configuration;
- Proficiency with multiple VC platforms required (Cisco, Meet, Zoom, Teams, etc)
- Abilities to lean, crawl, kneel, climb ladders, lift equipment (screens, speakers, projectors);
- Eager to learn and hardworking person;
- Willing to follow instructions
Job Location: San Jose, CA
Job Types: Contract hourly – 80 hours a month first month
Contract Length: TBD
Salary: $30 – $36 /hour
Schedule: 8-hour shifts, Day shifts, Night shifts.
Experience: AV/IT 5 years.
Must have: Self-transportation with tools.
TOOL LIST (to be provided by the company)
- 6ft Ladder
- Power Drill (cordless)
- Wire Stripper & Wire Cutter
- RJ45 Crimper and Tester
- Measuring tape
- Punch down tool
- Basic Ratchet set w/different size sockets
- Drywall knife
- Standard Attire (clean clothes, no logo, holes, stains)
- COVID-19 Face mask, gloves, glasses, hand sanitizer
- PPE when requested
Tagged as: IT, AV, cts-d, av engineer, cts-i
Send updates to: firstname.lastname@example.org